T.P.Hughes has provided quality goods and services to the community since it commenced trading at 12 High Street on September 29th 1902. The founder had trained at William Owen, a large department store in London and then returned to bring fresh ideas to his native Pembrokeshire. For 20 years he did all the buying specialising in linens and soft furnishings.
His son Sydney who was born on the same day the shop was opened joined the firm in 1922 when a branch was opened in Haverfordwest. This was followed by the opening of the Carmarthen store in 1932. When T.P.Hughes died in 1936 Sydney became Managing Director and supported by his two sons Tom and David, worked hard to provide department store facilities until his death in 1985.
In 1987 the freehold property in Carmarthen was sold, followed by a de-merging of business equity in 1989. This resulted in the Tenby store coming under the sole control of David’s family whose children Chris and Anna, took the reins following his retirement in 2003.
The store has since adapted and modernised whilst retaining its core traditional values. We now specialise in household product and trade as T.P.Hughes Interiors from 13A Upper Frog Street Tenby.
Buy with confidence – buy from T.P.Hughes
Chris & Anna are both fully committed to providing excellent customer service, quality and value to the local community and throughout the UK.